Bimeq® PRIMER R EXPRESS
Solvent-based bitumen primer
Bimeq® PRIMER R EXPRESS is a premiumquality solvent-based asphalt primer made with the addition of SBS resins and upgrading additives. It is used for priming surfaces prior to the application of asphalt insulation and to protect corroded concreto surfaces. The primer increases the adhesiveness and prepares substrates for the application of asphalt masses and torch-on membranes.
- short drying time of less than 2 hours,
- eliminates surface microcracks,
- waterproof, immediately after application it is already resistant to flowing water,
- highly-efficient, aids adhesion of the substrates to insulation layers,
- readily penetrates surfaces,
- to be applied with a roofing brush,
- adheres very well to dry surfaces (concrete, felt, fibre cement, steel structures, etc.)
- after drying, forms a uniform, strong and flexible coating which is resistant to the effects of weather and biological corrosion.
Bimeq® PRIMER R EXPRESS is a premium-quality asphalt solution recommended for:
- application of priming and base layers under membranes Bimeq®, Bimeq® GLUE, torch-on membranes, bitumen, emulsions, masses and asphalt solutions,
- protecting concrete from corrosion and moisture,
- application of effective damp-proof roofing systems, protection of flat roofs, concreto underlayment, cellars, washrooms, terraces, foundation strips and foundations,
- application of anti-corrosion layers,
- application on surfaces such as: concrete, steel, metal sheets, felt, fibre cement, foundation strips, underground building sections and roofs.
Prior to the application of damp-proof or waterproof insulation, the surface must be made level (with no cracks, defects, protruding elements) and free from any dirt which may reduce the product’s adhesiveness (grease, oils, lubricants, laitance). Make all edges smooth, round off all the corners using cement mortar and install plaster coving inside joints between vertical and horizontal surfaces. Fill in any defects, joints, honeycombing or gaps. Prior to priming, fill in any irregular surfaces that have voids or protrusions with cement plaster.